Changing payment cycle

Ask any Prometeus related question !
BGR_WS

Changing payment cycle

Post by BGR_WS » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I couldn't see this option available anywhere in my client area, or discussed here on the forum.

I have a KVM9 package. During signup I recall that there was the option to pay for 1 month, 6 months, or 12 months, with some financial incentive for the latter two. I thought it prudent to try the service out for a month initially, making sure I didn't overcommit. Now that is out of the way, I was thinking of paying for 6 months worth, but it seems that I am locked into a monthly billing cycle with no option to change? Is it possible to switch to a longer term billing cycle?

Also, I see that there is an option to purchase more bandwidth, but no option to purchase more drive space. Is that ever likely to be an option in the future? I'm hoping I won't actually need it, but I like to prepare for all eventualities.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing payment cycle

Post by Admin » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Hello !

It cannot be done automatically, you need to open a ticket not later than 5 days before expiration of current period (then the new invoice is generated) and we will manually change it for you.
Regarding the second issue, increasing KVM disk size is dangerous as data loss can occur and is subject to space availability on the node. We can offer you various kinds of specialized backup space, from free 10 GB FTP to 800 GB specialized KVM where you can mount the space and export it with whatever method you like to make it available for your other KVM.
Worst case scenario, we can move you on another node where is more space, but it may need an ip change. Depending in node and type (SAS2-SSD) extra space costs from 10 cents upwards per GB. If you are using our XEN/KVM special VPSes, it goes down as low as 1 cent, but it may cost overall more if you dont need that much space.
To analyze the options, you will also need to open a ticket so we know the node and available resources.

BGR_WS

Re: Changing payment cycle

Post by BGR_WS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:28 am

Thanks for the info. I'm too late to change it this month it seems, but I'll submit a ticket to change it before the next invoice hits.

As to the drive space issue, I'll file that information away for future reference.