Special offer

Keeping track of current stock and offer. Check here the status of special offers and availability/expiration date.
jcaleb

Re: Special offer

Post by jcaleb » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 am

They can't post yet on LET. need to wait for few more days, because they just posted windows offer i think

jcaleb

Post by jcaleb » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:09 am

Can we buy upgrades?

unclesal

Post by unclesal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:12 am

jcaleb wrote:Can we buy upgrades?
I'm considering it, what options and prices can be useful?

jcaleb

Post by jcaleb » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

Im thinking a little bit more ram, to push it to 80mb or a little bit more. So it can run wordpress. Or if it is possible to run wordpress on this current configuration, maybe add an optimized template (optimized nginx, php) we can use?

btw, thank you again for the free stuff. You really don't have to do that, we were just having fun also with your joke.

jcaleb

Post by jcaleb » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:51 am

thinking about it. i think different templates will be really helpful for these offers. for the not very technical guys for squeezing configurations.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:37 pm

I don't think more templates will solve the problem. After all, hostinabox is pretty optimized, for the non-technical people, there is a long standing idea of mine, I put it up for Salvatore and he agreed, but will need a lot of man-power.
it is about managed hosting. Like people ask to install things, setup users, put them x and y panel customized to their needs against some fee.
Right now we are offering windows that will do for another category that doesn't know linux, but the question remains and we are aiming for that.
Admin

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:48 pm

NanoG6 wrote:
airski wrote:
Oops, there's a problem...
Out of Stock again~
dont worry, I guess there will always stock in place :P

it seems like cheap tiny vps with < 64mb RAM becoming popular these days
Yes, they are...
In fact they are too popular, Salvatore told me he run out of IPs in the first day. I am not sure this is sustainable on the long run, will see what is the load and all, and if it is not killing the nodes, will add more stock when possible.
This was by no means tested, nor planned, so the testing goes live more or less :)
Admin

NanoG6

Post by NanoG6 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Admin wrote:I am not sure this is sustainable on the long run, will see what is the load and all, and if it is not killing the nodes, will add more stock when possible.
This was by no means tested, nor planned, so the testing goes live more or less :)
Admin
Ya I'm curious about this too. Don't know with Sal, but Damian once said that everything he (Damian) sell is profitable (including the 5cents ones).

jcaleb

Post by jcaleb » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Hopefully the 50cents don't attract abusers.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Here it is not an issue of profitability, but, unlike damian, Salvatore didn't plan this so it runs on servers with other plans too.
If it is so hugely popular and is sustainable in the sense that people don't run big demand webservers on it, maybe doing a dedicated server will be possible.
Nothing is set in stone, yet.