Request: Howto setup stunnel?

Links to great tutorials and original contributions.
Don't know how to setup your VPN ? How to install a panel ? How to tweak yout VPS ? Check here and ask if you don't find what you are looking for.
VIP

Request: Howto setup stunnel?

Post by VIP » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi
I need to know that how should i setup the stunnel with authentiation (verify) enabled. I googled hours but couldn't find any case about this section of config! Can you please doing a step by step tutorial?

Grazie ;)

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Request: Howto setup stunnel?

Post by Admin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 am

Welcome !

Hum, I am not familiar with this software.
What do you wish to use it for ?

Admin

VIP

Post by VIP » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 pm

This is home page for stunnel: https://www.stunnel.org/
And notes about it:
The stunnel program is designed to work as an SSL encryption wrapper between remote client and local (inetd-startable) or remote server. It can be used to add SSL functionality to commonly used inetd daemons like POP2, POP3, and IMAP servers without any changes in the programs' code.
I want to use it for my personal utilization and prevent from public accessing. There is an option "verify" and also "CApath, CAfile, CRLpath, CRLfile" in the config file that i think do something like that but i can't understand what should i do?! What and Which commands are needed.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:21 am

Hello !

Yes, I am aware of that, I ask more on the line of why you need it ? Isnt it better to use ssl with your software ? If the certifficate is a problem, you can use a self signed or free third party verified certificate: http://www.startssl.com/?app=1
It seems complicated to use stunnel just for this.
You may also use a VPN of some sort.
I mean I do not see a use for this kind of software, but I am willing to check it if it provides some interesting functionality.

VIP

Post by VIP » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:44 am

Well, sometimes that vpn is blocked and for (secure) port redirection this tool can be very useful (where ssh is limited too) and also for run away from dns spoofing!

I'm hope you interest to help ;)

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Hello !

Unfortunately I cant help if I dont know the software.
In cases where VPN is blocked, I can use squid on port 80 with https.
Also ssh can work over port 80, we have a tutorial on how to do a vpn over ssh on port 80.

VIP

Post by VIP » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:19 pm

When DNS spoofing happens proxies don't work!
SSH not good idea for some reasons, Anyway thank you so much for this awesome tutorial :?