Write here about stock needed !

Keeping track of current stock and offer. Check here the status of special offers and availability/expiration date.
Admin
Site Admin

Write here about stock needed !

Post by Admin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 pm

There is a problem now with budget ovz plans and Xen Biz offer for 2 different reasons.
In the case of OVZ, the node designed to hold them, node 22 (which is a very big machine with E-5 processors and fast storage), had some stability issues rebooting twice in last month, so it is kept at a low load (30% or so of the capacity) before the newly patched kernel comes out. There is another node like 22 which is empty for the same reason. The other, older but stable nodes are more or less full.
In the case of Biz Xen, there capacity has been reached (the nodes are kept undersold for all biz plans) and there is no available node ATM to be converted into Xen, but we hope to have good news soon.
We will not let the problems with node 22 stop loyal customers registered here from following their plans. If you think you can cope with a couple of reboots per month or so planned (to replace kernel) or unplanned (before replacement) for your very cheap box, post here and Uncle Sal will offer you some stock or manually provisioned, will see what is better depending on volume.
I hope to have good news soon, sorry for these problems...

Admin

airski

Re: Write here about stock needed !

Post by airski » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:19 am

I am planning to run some programs so i think i would not care about the rebooting.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am

OK, so, if you need any of the plans in the low-end ovz range, post here and Uncle Sal will release some stock or provide you manually.
There is stock from time to time, some people don't pay and are terminated, for example, but until the big E5 nodes are not stable with OVZ, it will be a problem.
Hopefully, this week a new Xen server will be ready, so at least there is good news :)

Admin

NanoG6

Post by NanoG6 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:11 pm

there will be cheap xen offer?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:50 pm

I am not sure. Xen was previously for Biz plans, with backup space and all the low density stuff.
Right now, with CentOS 6 dropping Xen support it is not easy to find machines well suited for this with solusvm integration and all.
I will guess it will be again a biz offer, meaning not dirt cheap, but at prices others sell "dirt-cheap" overcrowded nodes and the characteristics of a real biz package.

Admin

unclesal

Post by unclesal » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 am

Xen will be for the biz only :)
If you look at the prices they are very reasonable and considering how nodes looks when filled you would be very surprised :P

landervdb

Post by landervdb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi,

I am interested in your VZ9 plan, but apparantly there is no stock available at the moment. Will it be restocked (fairly) soon or do I have to look for something else?

Thanks,
Lander

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:32 pm

We had some stability issues with the newest VZ nodes and we are keeping the load at below 1/3 of capacity before we are sure there is a stable kernel on that hardware. I think will be restocked soon. Perhaps today.

Admin

gunemalli

Post by gunemalli » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 am

Hi,

I'm also interested in getting a VPS. hopefully VZ7 or KVM7. This is for a SVN server (for project that is to be started yet) with very light use on it. No websites will be hosted ATM.

Could you please let me know when the stocks are available. This is kind of urgent.

Thanks

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Hello !

If it is urgent, then please consider alternatives.
Prometeus is now focusing on SSD backed offers, there might be some time before the classic SAS2 servers will be launched, if any.
I am sorry for this :(

Admin